- My Smart Outlet does not appear in the list of devices.
If the Smart Outlet does not appear in the list of devices during configuration then you will need to perform a reset on the unit. See the question below on how to reset the Smart Outlet. Once the reset is complete, return to the ConnectSense iOS App and begin the procedure to add the device again.
- How do I reset my Smart Outlet if I want to change WiFi networks or I lose communication with it?
While plugged in, press and hold both buttons at the same time on the side of the Smart Outlet for about 10 seconds. You will see both LEDs blink red for a moment and then the green light in the upper, left-hand corner of the Smart Outlet will start blinking indicating that it is ready to start the Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC) and HomeKit pairing process.
- Can I control my Smart Outlet while I am away from home?
Yes. Controlling HomeKit–enabled accessories away from home requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
- Can I move my Smart Outlet to another location?
Once configured, the Smart Outlet can be placed anywhere within range of its corresponding wireless router. If the Outlet is moved to a new location on a different WiFi network, it will need to be reset at the new location and configured with its wireless credentials.
- Is there a 220V European version of the Smart Outlet available?
No. At this time, only the 120V version suitable for North American plugs is available for purchase.
- Will the ConnectSense app or Smart Outlet work with the ConnectSense line of home monitoring WiFi Sensors?
The ConnectSense WiFi sensors are a standalone platform and do not interact with the Smart Outlet. The WiFi sensors use a cloud application specifically designed for those devices alone. The Smart Outlet will only interact with other HomeKit compatible devices.
- How much power can the Smart Outlet supply? Will it power my tools and heavy equipment?
The Smart Outlet works with a standard 120V North American power outlet. The total power draw cannot exceed 15A between the two outlets and the USB charging port.
- Does the Smart Outlet monitor current draw and power consumption?
Yes, current draw and average power consumption for devices plugged into the Smart Outlet can be monitored using the Connect Sense iOS app.
- Will the Smart Outlet work with my 5Ghz WiFi Network?
No. The Smart Outlet only works with 2.4Ghz (802.11 b/g/n) wireless networks.
- Does the Smart Outlet have an Android app?
There is no support for Android available at this time.